LED New York Approved Exit Signs
The exit signs category features lighted LED exit signs to comply with building fire codes and insurance standards. These energy-saving, illuminated, long-life LED exit signs use less than 5 watts of power, lowering your energy consumption and saving you money every month. We offer a wide range of designs and features for lighted LED exit signs including: Edge-Lit Exit Sign, Cast Aluminum Exit Sign, Steel Exit Signs, Wet Location Exit Signs and Self Testing Exit Signs.
LEDThese energy-saving light emitting diodes use less than 5 watts of power, and comply with most insurance standards and building fire codes. Their greater efficiency, and lower energy consumption can save you money every month. We offer a wide range of designs and features for lighted LED exit signs including: EdgeLit Exit Sign, Steel Exit Signs, Wet Location Exit Signs and Self Testing Exit signs.
New York Approved
New York City requires that any exit signs and emergency lights:
- Meets New York City Electrical Code (meets UL certification)
- NFPA & OSHA require initial illumination of 1 foot-candle and a minimum at any point of 0.1 foot-candle. New York City emergency lighting requires TWICE that (an average of 2 foot-candle or 22 lux and a minimum at any point of 0.2 foot-candle or 2.15 lux measured along the path of egress at floor level). This is why The Exit Light Company recommend emergency lights with nine (9) watts on each head. Since even with the requirement for brighter lighting, the minimum standard of 90 minutes of run-time on battery backup power is in effect, NYC Code approved emergency lights are heavy-duty units with larger batteries.
- The letters of exit signs and exit sign/emergency light combos are mandated to be red.
- The height of letters shall be not less than 6 inches (152 mm), except that in Group A (theaters and concert halls) and Group R-1 (Shelters, Fraternity & Sorority Houses) occupancies letters shall be not less than 8 inches (203 mm) high. A change from previous years, now U.S. standard 6" exit signs are acceptable in most locations, but certain locales still require 8" exit signs.
- All signs shall be of metal or other durable materials.
- All high-rise buildings require photoluminescent exit path markings for egress routes.