Dual-Lite | Hubbell LED New York Approved White Black Emergency Lights
Dual-Lite | Hubbell
Setting the standard for excellence with the broadest selection of commercial and industrial life safety products anywhere, Dual-Lite is a premiere manufacturer of life safety lighting products. Dual-lite offers an extensive line of innovative emergency lighting products, Self-diagnostic Spectron® units and esthetically pleasing, money-saving exit signs
Dual-Lite is committed to energy efficiency and takes pride in using LED technology in their products. Take a look at the LED exit signs and LED emergency lights selection here. Dual-Lite's product diversity is just the beginning, from concept to carton, they build reliability into every product they make to assure the long service life and trouble-free operation the industry has come to expect from Dual-Lite. In short, Dual-lite is more than a supplier of industry leading products. They are also working hard to enhance reliability, broaden our support services and assure total customer satisfaction.
Emergency LightsNot all emergency light fixtures are equal. Our manufacturers build each light to serve a variety of needs. There are Self Testing Emergency Lights, which can save you time on mandated testing. There are NEMA Certified Emergency Light fixtures, Explosion Proof fixtures, Concealed lights, Combo Exit Lights and even more. Within our inventory of emergency lights, selected from top manufacturers, you’ll find the perfect light for your facility. Don’t know what the perfect light for you is? You can browse our huge selection, or you can get some help from our team. Our people have been in this business for over thirty years, and they’re happy to talk about emergency light fixtures and much more. After all, emergency light is sort of our thing.
LEDThese energy-saving light emitting diodes use less than 5 watts of power, and comply with most insurance standards and building fire codes. Their greater efficiency, and lower energy consumption can save you money every month. We offer a wide range of designs and features for lighted LED exit signs including: EdgeLit Exit Sign, Steel Exit Signs, Wet Location Exit Signs and Self Testing Exit signs.
New York Approved
New York City requires that any exit signs and emergency lights:
- Meets New York City Electrical Code (meets UL certification)
- NFPA & OSHA require initial illumination of 1 foot-candle and a minimum at any point of 0.1 foot-candle. New York City emergency lighting requires TWICE that (an average of 2 foot-candle or 22 lux and a minimum at any point of 0.2 foot-candle or 2.15 lux measured along the path of egress at floor level). This is why The Exit Light Company recommend emergency lights with nine (9) watts on each head. Since even with the requirement for brighter lighting, the minimum standard of 90 minutes of run-time on battery backup power is in effect, NYC Code approved emergency lights are heavy-duty units with larger batteries.
- The letters of exit signs and exit sign/emergency light combos are mandated to be red.
- The height of letters shall be not less than 6 inches (152 mm), except that in Group A (theaters and concert halls) and Group R-1 (Shelters, Fraternity & Sorority Houses) occupancies letters shall be not less than 8 inches (203 mm) high. A change from previous years, now U.S. standard 6" exit signs are acceptable in most locations, but certain locales still require 8" exit signs.
- All signs shall be of metal or other durable materials.
- All high-rise buildings require photoluminescent exit path markings for egress routes.