LED Line Cord Nickel–Cadmium (NiCd) White New York Approved Emergency Lights
Emergency LightsNot all emergency light fixtures are equal. Our manufacturers build each light to serve a variety of needs. There are Self Testing Emergency Lights, which can save you time on mandated testing. There are NEMA Certified Emergency Light fixtures, Explosion Proof fixtures, Concealed lights, Combo Exit Lights and even more. Within our inventory of emergency lights, selected from top manufacturers, you’ll find the perfect light for your facility. Don’t know what the perfect light for you is? You can browse our huge selection, or you can get some help from our team. Our people have been in this business for over thirty years, and they’re happy to talk about emergency light fixtures and much more. After all, emergency light is sort of our thing.
LEDThese energy-saving light emitting diodes use less than 5 watts of power, and comply with most insurance standards and building fire codes. Their greater efficiency, and lower energy consumption can save you money every month. We offer a wide range of designs and features for lighted LED exit signs including: EdgeLit Exit Sign, Steel Exit Signs, Wet Location Exit Signs and Self Testing Exit signs.
New York Approved
- Meets New York City Electrical Code (meets UL certification)
- NFPA & OSHA require initial illumination of 1 foot-candle and a minimum at any point of 0.1 foot-candle. New York City emergency lighting requires TWICE that (an average of 2 foot-candle or 22 lux and a minimum at any point of 0.2 foot-candle or 2.15 lux measured along the path of egress at floor level). This is why The Exit Light Company recommend emergency lights with nine (9) watts on each head. Since even with the requirement for brighter lighting, the minimum standard of 90 minutes of run-time on battery backup power is in effect, NYC Code approved emergency lights are heavy-duty units with larger batteries.
- The letters of exit signs and exit sign/emergency light combos are mandated to be red.
- The height of letters shall be not less than 6 inches (152 mm), except that in Group A (theaters and concert halls) and Group R-1 (Shelters, Fraternity & Sorority Houses) occupancies letters shall be not less than 8 inches (203 mm) high. A change from previous years, now U.S. standard 6" exit signs are acceptable in most locations, but certain locales still require 8" exit signs.
- All signs shall be of metal or other durable materials.
- All high-rise buildings require photoluminescent exit path markings for egress routes.
Line CordLine Cord
WhiteMost product that have white housing color are made of a thermoplastic material.
Emergency Lighting is your best source for NiCad batteries, including rechargeable NiCD batteries. We carry a variety of sizes, from AAA NiCD batteries to the larger F cell NiCD batteries. Our selections not only feature a range of sizes, but also an array of battery configurations. We can even build batteries to suit your need.
Shop our rechargeable NiCD batteries to replace the batteries in your standard electronic devices, emergency lighting and exit signs, solar lighting, and so much more. Use our battery finder to find the battery type and configuration that you need.
EmergencyLighting.com is dedicated to offering the very best batteries available on the market for all your needs. You’ll appreciate great prices and fast shipping so you never have to endure downtime!