Signtex Lighting Brass Bronze New York Approved Black Emergency Lights
No Items were found that meet your search Criteria.
Signtex Lighting is a manufacturer of architectural quality emergency lighting systems. An extensive selection of exit signs, emergency lighting fixtures and central battery systems for emergency power are available for commercial and industrial applications.
As a specialist in emergency lighting, Signtex is proud to be the holder of key patents in its field and has developed some of the most innovative products in the market, including the first low voltage central power system for exit signs, which for the first time enables facilities to easily meet all requirements of NFPA Life Safety Code 101.
Most recently, Signtex has introduced a Universal Central Power System capable of running all products, from exit signs consuming only ½ watt per sign, to recessed emergency fixtures of up to 150 watts.
Emergency LightsNot all emergency light fixtures are equal. Our manufacturers build each light to serve a variety of needs. There are Self Testing Emergency Lights, which can save you time on mandated testing. There are NEMA Certified Emergency Light fixtures, Explosion Proof fixtures, Concealed lights, Combo Exit Lights and even more. Within our inventory of emergency lights, selected from top manufacturers, you’ll find the perfect light for your facility. Don’t know what the perfect light for you is? You can browse our huge selection, or you can get some help from our team. Our people have been in this business for over thirty years, and they’re happy to talk about emergency light fixtures and much more. After all, emergency light is sort of our thing.
New York Approved
- Meets New York City Electrical Code (meets UL certification)
- NFPA & OSHA require initial illumination of 1 foot-candle and a minimum at any point of 0.1 foot-candle. New York City emergency lighting requires TWICE that (an average of 2 foot-candle or 22 lux and a minimum at any point of 0.2 foot-candle or 2.15 lux measured along the path of egress at floor level). This is why The Exit Light Company recommend emergency lights with nine (9) watts on each head. Since even with the requirement for brighter lighting, the minimum standard of 90 minutes of run-time on battery backup power is in effect, NYC Code approved emergency lights are heavy-duty units with larger batteries.
- The letters of exit signs and exit sign/emergency light combos are mandated to be red.
- The height of letters shall be not less than 6 inches (152 mm), except that in Group A (theaters and concert halls) and Group R-1 (Shelters, Fraternity & Sorority Houses) occupancies letters shall be not less than 8 inches (203 mm) high. A change from previous years, now U.S. standard 6" exit signs are acceptable in most locations, but certain locales still require 8" exit signs.
- All signs shall be of metal or other durable materials.
- All high-rise buildings require photoluminescent exit path markings for egress routes.